Sunday, January 25, 2009

J.O.Y

a noun/verb/adjective/synonym/ (...)?

What a word is JOY?

when you search Wiki you get these results.
:and it shows that Joy is part of a word(meaning), music, literature, television program, A PLACE, surname, name, dish washing liquid(which I saw in the supermarket today), programming language, a radio station and a warship(?).

when you google search 'joy' you get these results.
:and it gives you 236,000,000 results of which may increase the next day and the next day and day after as well and so on... the search results gives you bands on youtube, images, organizations, industries, books and many more that has the word/name joy in it.

explain joy:
n.
    1. Intense and especially ecstatic or exultant happiness.
    2. The expression or manifestation of such feeling.
  1. A source or an object of pleasure or satisfaction: their only child, their pride and joy.

v., joyed, joy·ing, joys. v.intr.

To take great pleasure; rejoice.

v.tr. Archaic.
  1. To fill with ecstatic happiness, pleasure, or satisfaction.
  2. To enjoy.
according to answers.com...


for example, why would a parent want to name their child joy?! (haha I know ask mine) Seriously, I think its a bit weird and kinda unusual.
Joy is just everywhere!!!
Believe it or not, when I went out today, I saw about >10 different products using the term 'Joy' as part of their slogan, advertising and even branding (the dish washing detergent).
[it just make my head grew bigger - ego!]

and when I blog hop or whatsoever, you see people using the word 'joy'.
and my point is that why would parents want to name a child a WORD??

My mommy says: "stupid is a bad word!" and daddy says: "dress simply, or else like Christmas tree; what fashion fashion fashion, be yourself!" (my personal favourite quotes from me parents)
not the point - they say its because - some long story - about being born near Christmas and in town with banners of JOY flown everywhere.

so.. JOYs OUT THERE - WHY DID YOUR PARENTS NAMED YOU JOY??? - do you really live up to your name??

another question, are all the Joy(s) out there the same, happy-go-lucky, jovial, girl/guy?
tell me.

xoxo, ♥
Joy

No comments:

Followers

Tagboard / Comment on Post